Did you know that Spanish olive oil is one of the best in the world? There are many reasons why this is so, but here we will highlight just a few of them. First, Spain’s climate is perfect for growing olives. The warm climate and ample sunshine allow the olives to ripen perfectly and produce excellent quality oil. In addition, Spanish olive oil is made using traditional methods that have been passed down from generation to generation. This ensures that Spanish olive oil has a unique flavor and character not found anywhere else.
Characteristics of Spanish olive oil
– Very high quality. Spain is the largest producer of olive oil in the world. This prevailing market situation has made us specialize much more in a premium quality product. There is a wide range of extra virgin oils, but we can go even further, to the gourmet segment.
Within the tastiest oils we find a range with the purest oil, early harvest oils, first harvest or green oils.
– Wide range of oil varieties. It is no coincidence that Spain is the largest oil producer in the world. Our geographical location means that we have a wide range of different climates, thanks to which we produce different varieties of oil: picual, cornicabra, hojiblanca…
It is therefore normal that Spanish olive oil is a highly appreciated product for the lover of good oil, since these varieties provide a unique flavor, texture and aromas.
– Great tradition in production. We didn’t start growing olives and extracting their juice yesterday. This culture has been passed down for hundreds of years from generation to generation and is part of our way of life.
For this reason, there are brands that are increasingly specialized in producing high quality oil, since they have mastered the technique with all that heritage of knowledge.
What are the points of excellence of olive oil?
With its exquisite aroma and unique flavor, olive oil has been the basis of Mediterranean cuisine from ancient times to the present day.
Olive oil is the oil obtained from the fruit of the European olive tree (Olea europea) using exclusively mechanical means and at least natural methods or treatments, at temperatures that do not cause the oil to deteriorate.
Olive oil composition
The composition of olive oil is unique and differs significantly from that of other fatty foods, both plant and animal, as it has a high content of monounsaturated fatty acids, particularly oleic acid (omega-9 fatty acid), various antioxidants and phytonutrients (carotenes, vitamin E, polyphenols, flavonoids, squalene, etc.) and a very low content of saturated fatty acids.
Why choose it?
As dozens of scientific studies have shown in recent years, the high nutritional value of olive oil and its numerous beneficial properties make it a valuable ally of our health. Here are 10 main reasons to prefer it:
- It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and low in saturated.
- Contains valuable antioxidants that fight excess free radicals.
- It ensures the correct development of the nervous system in children and adults and has a beneficial effect on brain functions.
- Protects blood vessels from atherosclerosis, contributes to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- It reduces the chances of contracting various types of cancer, such as breast cancer.
- Helps the proper functioning of the intestines, pancreas and liver.
- Contributes to the good digestion of other foods and to the general functioning of the digestive system.
- Helps maintain healthy and youthful skin.
- It enriches the flavor and aroma of all the other foods it accompanies, such as vegetables, and increases the bioavailability of its antioxidants.
- It maintains its consistency even at very high temperatures, it is the best oil for cooking and frying.
Crude or Cooked Oil?
When olive oil is consumed raw, it retains all its nutritional and organoleptic characteristics and is therefore more beneficial. Ideally, it should be consumed as is, raw, directly from the package, without any heat treatment.
Raw extra virgin olive oil adds flavor and aroma to salads, individual foods (bread, cheese, fish, etc.) and hot or cold dishes. It also adds volume and depth to foods, helps balance their acidity (for example, when they contain lemon, vinegar, wine or tomato) and creates a richer flavor texture.
Despite the health benefits of raw extra virgin olive oil, it is better not to abuse its consumption because it provides a lot of calories, about 120 calories per tablespoon. Therefore, it is recommended to consume it in moderation and according to your needs.
Grenade Olive Oil. Spanish oil.
If you are looking for an oil of the highest quality visit our online store, where you can find green EVOO cold extraction, perfect for use in salads, to give a touch of flavor to your dishes or just to take it as such.
Visit now Grenade Olive Oil.